Guidance counsellors are available to help students no matter what the question or concern. Counsellors can assist you by providing:
- Individual counselling about courses, careers, and personal matters
- Information about post-secondary programs, bursaries, scholarships, and financial aid to help pay for your studies
- Referrals to School Board personnel and community agencies for help with academic or individual concerns
As a Catholic Christian Community, St. Charles College believes that it is important to meet the spiritual needs of its students and staff. The school Chaplain is an integral part of this process and of the school.
Students who have been identified as exceptional through the IPRC process may access the Resource Teachers for academic support.
Indigenous Support Worker
Provides cultural support in order to foster an inclusive learning environment. Cultural awareness activities are routinely embedded for staff and students.
Students requiring mental health services can be referred and access service in the guidance department.
Child and Youth Counsellor
Support students who may be at-risk by providing strategies, workshops and a caring support person outside the classroom.
Families requiring attendance support may access the attendance counsellor.
Student Success Centre
This service is available to all students.
- One-on-one academic support
- Alternative setting to write tests or work on an assignment
- Technology resources (iPads, laptops, printing)
- Homework help at lunch and after school
A state-of-the-art technological hub that promotes a student-centred collaborative atmosphere. This type of innovative learning space promotes a work environment that is geared towards communication, collaboration, critical thinking and innovation. This environment also promotes inclusiveness, the ability to network with various students from grades 7-12 while building positive relationships.
Our learning commons includes laptops, ipads, green-screens, a 3D printer, private presentation rooms, multi-media projectors and maker space activities.